CreativeTribes.co is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the use of your Personal Data.
In summary, we never sell your data to third parties directly or via advertising. We also minimize the amount of personal data that we process and store.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data — any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing — any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data Subject — a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child — a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/Us (either capitalized or not) — CreativeTribes.co (including #CreativeTribes).
Data Protection Principles
We promise to adhere to the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose for which Personal Data was initially gathered.
- We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information — meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access — meaning you have the right to access the data collected from you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification — meaning you have the right to request rectification of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure — meaning you can request that your Personal Data be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing — meaning you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing — meaning you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data; for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to data portability — you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or, if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint — in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a specific reason(s). If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right to withdraw consent — you have the right to withdraw any given consent for the Processing of your Personal Data.
Data We Gather
Information you have provided us with
For blog subscribers, this includes your email address and/or name — contact information that is necessary for delivering notification of our latest blog posts to you via email. On occasion, we might also email you with general CreativeTribes.co news and updates. We save the contact information you provide within our MailChimp database. You may unsubscribe at any time.
For members of our #CreativeTribes Slack community, this includes your name and email address, and may also include other details that you provided to us when you completed our #CreativeTribes signup Typeform. We save all information you provide within our Typeform database. You may request this data to be removed at any time.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser version and screen resolution. This is statistical data about our website visitors’ browsing actions and patterns in the aggregate, and does not identify any individual.
We do not intentionally collect information from children, as our website is not intended for children but, rather, adults of at least 16 years of age.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data with your consent in order to provide our service to you, namely communicating with you via email regarding CreativeTribes.co blog posts and/or general news and updates.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with anyone or any organization outside of CreativeTribes.co.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate levels of protection to your Personal Data, and will only disclose your Personal Data when we are legally required to do so.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols (such as HTTPS) for communications and the transferring of data. We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where appropriate. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we do our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we will notify you of any security breaches and will do everything we reasonably can to prevent any such breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that it is your responsibility to keep your username and password secret.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies — these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies — these cookies provide functionality that makes using our website more convenient.
- Analytics cookies — these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We use StatCounter to measure traffic on our website. StatCounter is an anonymous web tracking service, which does not attempt to identify an individual person. Their focus is on tracking website visitors’ activities, not identifying who that visitor is.
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
Last updated: June 4, 2018.