First Things First
When you join the community
After you sign in you’ll be added to the #general channel and a few others. You can also get an up-to-date listing of all available channels and join those that fit with your realm(s) of expertise and/or interest — simply click on CHANNELS in the left-hand sidebar, scroll through the list, and join whichever interest you.
We’d hugely appreciate your taking a minute to flesh out your profile straight away, in particular uploading a photo of yourself — we like #CreativeTribes to be a highly approachable community of folk with friendly faces. Much better than the default swatch of Slack plaid!
Then jump in and introduce yourself in #general — let us know what you’re working on, how we might be able to help you, etc.
You can also dig into Slack Preferences (from the #CreativeTribes drop-down menu in the upper left-hand corner) in order to customize notifications, messages, media, and so on.
If you’d like to give the #CreativeTribes theme colors a shot, go to Preferences > Sidebar > Advanced and paste the below hex codes into the custom values box. In addition to matching our CreativeTribes.co colors, we designed this Sidebar theme as a clean, bright alternative to the somewhat stodgy Slack default options:
How to contribute (highly encouraged!)
- Jump right in!
- Ask questions — be sure to ask folk for help or advice.
- Help others by answering questions posted by other members.
- Ask for feedback on something you’re working on — a blog post, an ebook, an idea, a product, a design, and so on.
- Thank folk who take the time to reply to your posts.
- Say hello to new members and welcome them into the community.
- Have a positive attitude — be friendly, helpful, and encouraging.
How to raise a red flag (highly discouraged!)
- Fly your default Slack plaid or an avatar instead of a photo of you!
- Fail to include your full (first and last) name within your profile.
- Drop in only to self-promote while otherwise being inactive.
- Spam or troll other members.
- Be rude or jerky.
We reserve the right, always, to deactivate accounts at our discretion should anyone choose not to abide by the spirit of our community guidelines, which are designed to make #CreativeTribes a friendly community of helpful folk.